Generated Image

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

my little girl


It has been a while since I last posted. When Estee was a newborn although I wasn't getting any sleep it was easier to post because she wasn't going anywhere. Now that she's walking, she doesn't want to stop. Maybe that's why I'm finally losing weight. finally. I'll do my best to update you on what she has been doing. To me, she is the funniest kid in the world. I can sit and watch her all day long. She has gotten herself into climbing. I no longer can leave her alone in the living room just to run into the kitchen. I can no longer run to the bathroom. She needs to come with me everywhere. This may sound extreme but the other day I walked into the kitchen for a second and when I came out Estee was sitting on the couch. You're probably wondering what the big deal is. Well, Estee is unique you see. For Estee, being on the couch involves standing up and either jumping, climbing up to the windowsill or best of all standing straight and allowing her body to fall straight back to plop down onto the couch. It truly is funny to watch but if I don't sit there she will throw herself right off of the couch. She doesn't have very good spatial awareness yet. (I definitely used the wrong OT term, anybody?) Yesterday the tray from her highchair wasn't on and she decided to use her highchair as a ladder. Come to think of it, every thing in our apartment is now Estee's ladder. Her toy car, her highchair, the couch, the windowsill, the list goes on. I'm seriously surprised that I don't wake up in the middle of the night to find her in my bed, having climbed out of her crib and into my bed. I definitely would not put that past her. Her favorite pastime as of late is climbing up and down steps. But only if we are outside. And, she only wants to do it standing up and holding your hand. Once again, she has absolutely no danger awareness because she would just walk right off the top of the concrete stairs. I certainly don't need a stairmaster that is for sure.
Estee has been trying to communicate much more lately too. Her words now include: Up, atta- either eat or pizza, haven't quite figured it out, hot- which means hot, cold, food, and various other things, nanananananannanana- no!, ayt- outside, abf- bath, and of course the original Abba- which represents all other words including, Abba, mommy, dog, Elmo, bubby, etc. I would just like to take this moment to add that over the past few days Estee has said mama when prompted. She can say mmmm and when I show her mama she says it but then she still just calls me abba. I also have to say that I got a little misty when she did actually say mama. It's about time I only gave birth to the kid!
Estee loves "this little piggy went to market." She has the book and a few of her cds have the song version (which is really not much of a tune at all). Every time I read her the book she points to her toes because she wants me to do it on her toes. And, when I get to the part that "this little piggy cried wee wee wee..." she says "ada da da da da" in a very high pitched voice like me. And- when she hears the song she runs for the book screaming "da da da da da da."
One final story: If Estee is playing with my cell phone or her toy phone she always hands it to me so that I can put it by my ear and say "hiiiiiii(high pitched excited woman's voice) how are you? you wanna talk to Estee? okay, hold on...."
she then takes the phone and walks around the living room for a few minutes with the phone on her shoulder saying "hiiiiiiiiii" in her own version of high pitched until she is ready to give me back the phone to do it again. This is the only game I can think of wherein she isn't calling everyone I know with my cell phone and leaving them voicemails of my most embaressing moments. Yeah, she does that too.

11 Comments:

Blogger Ezzie said...

:) Welcome back!

3:54 AM  
Blogger Yoel.Ben-Avraham said...

Its a cliche, but in my experience very true:

You spend the first two years helping them to learn how to walk and talk, and the next twenty trying to get them to sit down and be quiet!

Father of six beautiful walkers & talkers!

4:35 PM  
Blogger tuesdaywishes said...

Yoel is totally on the ball, I say that all the time (except there are (bli ayin hara) seven in my house.

Don't let Estee play with your cell phone. There is a chance of electric shock. Also, a phone of mine was damaged by drool, and the warranty doesn't cover it.

2:13 PM  
Blogger JTopo said...

I think it's depth perception not spacial awareness... Am I right? Anyway, she's such a character I love it! Enjoy!

3:57 AM  
Blogger Father Of Estee said...

Its better when she is wearing those sunglasses instead of taking my glasses off of my face and breaking them.

10:41 AM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Welcome back cute pic as usual.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Sweettooth120 said...

Yep - we just can't wait until they are mobile and when they are - watch out.

My girlfriend is going through that stage now with her 13 month old. If it's not racing for the stairs, it's finding anything and everything to put into his mouth (he is especially fond of shoes and toes.)

1:18 AM  
Blogger Father Of Estee said...

I think some people might want an update about whats going on in Estees life. You haven't posted in a while. Whats going on? (You told me why already but i still think you should update more often so you don't lose leaders and Estee doesn't lose her celebrity status)

6:42 AM  
Blogger JTopo said...

I agree Father of Estee (ha cute name btw).

2:18 PM  
Blogger Sara with NO H said...

Estee could never lose the status. She's infamous throughout blogworld. Everyone loves this kid. We're watching her grow up with you guys.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous also a mom said...

more posts, please!! we miss estee! (yo - father of estee - we want to hear from you too! do you have a blog?)

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home