Generated Image

Thursday, August 31, 2006

goodbye summer, goodbye stay-at-home mom!

We are off to NJ for shabbos and then to Sesame place for Sunday/Monday. It is our last hurrah before I go back to school :(
I have become truly addicted to my child. I am going to have some serious seperation anxiety on Tuesday when I go back to work. In addition to the seperation anxiety, I am going to have just plain 'ol anxiety because I have a new babysitter starting...gulp!
My summer with Estee has truly been amazing. Although I did work for three weeks the rest of the time was absolutely wonderful. I tried to do as many things with her as possible but even when we weren't doing "something" our bonding was great. I have enjoyed singing with, and reading to her. I have enjoyed watching her new skills emerge: after my lead she can now hold the shape block correctly and put it into the correct hole if I have the correct one in front of her. I have enjoyed watching her language emerge (she sounds like boo from monster's inc and every time she says something I want to eat her up!) Her new words are Abba as you know for everything, up for up and maybe other things, not quite sure. "ide" for outside, "aaaab"(with a spit at the end to represent the "th") for bath. She may have even said "ite" today for light.
Remember new love? Remember when you had a crush on someone or were newly in love with someone, you would lie in bed at night content thinking about the time you spent together or the conversation you had that day? Every night of my summer has been concluded with that feeling of contentment and that feeling of love and joy towards my sweet Estee.
I have a feeling that monday night I will shower with her shampoo and body wash so that I can smell like her at work on monday, is that sick?
Good bye summer! Here are some moments of the summer that I will never forget:




>
































This post took me over an hour to do. I absolutely cannot put captions, I am tired! Just for this, I better get a lot of comments.
I think I reached my picture capacity and I can't post any more pictures, can that happen?

12 Comments:

Blogger Kar said...

Awww... I want to play with you two! :-(

5:50 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

wait dont go away I'm having trouble. the pics aren't done

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Bianca said...

those blue eyes... she is beautiful.

and a girl from my heart with that slice of pizza <3

6:46 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

I love the pictures, she is sooo cute! I am glad you had such a great summer together and pictures to never forget! Have a good Shabbes and a good start at work!

1:41 AM  
Blogger FrumWithQuestions said...

I think that using her shampoo and soap so you can smell like her is a bit crazy.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Fo Fee said...

I agree with frum. That seems very weird to me too. Why don't you just carry a picture of her in your wallet?

11:07 AM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

Great pics :)

9:20 PM  
Blogger torontopearl said...

"Remember new love? Remember when you had a crush on someone or were newly in love with someone, you would lie in bed at night content thinking about the time you spent together or the conversation you had that day? Every night of my summer has been concluded with that feeling of contentment and that feeling of love and joy towards my sweet Estee."

Rebecca, this captures it BEAUTIFULLY!

2:00 PM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

We went to Sesame and had a blast. Hope you had fun. I think the whole jewish world went this year. Adorable pics as usual.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Bianca- thanks, yeah she loves her pizza!
Mia- thank you for your kind wishes!
frum and fo fee- I wasn't serious about the shampoo...just a joke
ezzie- thanks
pearl- thanks, it is often very hard to capture your true feelings in words.
social worker- It was a blast! I'll post those pics when I get a moment, we just came back!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Batya said...

just wonderful
good luck!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Sara with NO H said...

Hey I dont think its weird at all. I think that she's grown SO much since I first started looking at your blog which really seems like ages ago. Pictures last a ligetime and these are amazing and adorable.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home